Great Britain Crossword
The United Kingdom consists of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Each of them has its own capital. Of course you know the capital cities well! But how many other cities in Great Britain do you know? Do the crossword below, it will expand your horizons.
1) a city in the east of England which is famous for its old university (one of the two oldest and respected universities in the UK);
2) an international port in the southwest of England;
3) a port in the southeast of England which ships go across the English channel to France;
4) the capital of Wales;
5) a large city in the northwest of England. Many rock and pop bands come from there;
6) a city in the West Midlands of England, the second largest city in the United Kingdom;
7) a city in the south of England which is famous for its old university (one of the two most oldest and respected universities in the UK);
8) the capital of Scotland;
9) the capital of Northern Ireland;
10) an important port and ship-building centre, the largest city in Scotland;
11) a city in the northwest of England where the Beatles started playing music;
12) the capital of England and the UK.
Answers: Cambridge, Bristol, Dover, Cardiff, Manchester, Birmingham, oxford, Edinburgh, Belfast, Glasgow, Liverpool, London.