Look and listen.
This is a boy and this is a boy, too.
These are boys.
They are boys.
is a girl and that is a girl, too.
Those are girls.
They are girls
This + this = these
That + that = those
These = they
Those = they
This is a ruler and this is a ruler – these are rulers.
That is a rubber and that is a rubber – those are rubbers.
This is an ad.
This is a bag.
That is a cat.
That is a dog.
These are ads.
These are bags.
Those are cats.
Those are dogs.
Read and translate.
These are rulers and those are rubbers.
These are letters; they are in the alphabet.
This is a banana and that is a banana; they are yellow.
This is a clock and that is a clock.
They are on the wall.
These doors are blue and those doors are black.
Learn these words by heart.
Translate those words.
Look, so many things are here; put these things in the corner.
Bo множественном числе
указательное местоимение this имеет форму these,
указательное местоимение that имеет форму those.
Глагол is меняет форму на are (this is
a pot, но: these are pots)
A. Write the sentences with the following words:
hands, large books, yellow bananas, new words, good things.
Use the word “my”.
1. These ____________________________________
2. Those ____________________________________
3. They _____________________________________
4. Here _____________________________________
5. There _____________________________________
B. Make sentences for plurals.
1. This is a rubber. ________________________________________
2. This is a blue ruler. ______________________________________
3. That is a pad. _________________________________________
4. That is a red apple. _____________________________________
C. Change the words these and those for here and there.
These (______) are my hands. These (______) are my good classmates.
Those (______) are bad pencils. Those (______) are big schools. These (______) are black
large cabs. Those (______) are young boys. These (______) are yellow bags and those
(______) are yellow bags too.
D. Write the sentences in the plural.
1. This is an alphabet. _________________
2. This is a clock. _________________
3. This is a door. _________________
4. This is a thing. _________________
5. That is a banana. _________________
6. That is a corner. _________________
7. That is a heart. _________________
8. That is a wall. _________________
E. Put the verb to be (is, are) correctly.
This ____ Tom and these ____ his classmates Ken and Nick. Nick ____ 7
and Ken ____ 8. Tom ____ a pupil. Ken and Nick ____ pupils too. They ____ good boys and
good pupils. They ____ not at home. The boys ____ at school.
F. Write the sentences with “so”.
1. These things are not old; (new) ________________________________
2. My hands are not hot; (cold) _______________________________
3. The apples are not bad; (juicy)_______________________________
4. Those boys are not big; (small) ______________________________
G. Work on the model:
These books are not bad; they are so good.
bananas – red – yellow
doors – old – new
walls – black – blue
clocks – bad – good
things – cold – hot
H. Put the verb to be.
These ___ bananas; they ___ yellow. Those ___
clocks; they ___ on the wall. This ___ an alphabet and these ___
letters; learn the alphabet by heart. Those ___ my things; they ___ in the
corner at the door. Here ___ many new words; translate the words. Here ___
my teacher and those ___ my classmates.
I. Write negative sentences.
1. These pupils are bad. ____________________________________
2. Those apples are juicy. ____________________________________
3. The computers are blue. ____________________________________
4. They are so good. ____________________________________
5. Here are big dogs. ____________________________________
J. Make sentences.
1. bananas, these, are, yellow ____________________________________
2. those, my, not, classmates, are ____________________________________
3. apples, so, are, the, juicy ____________________________________
K. Work on the model:
Count those pens.
(bananas, books, clocks, doors, letters, pencils, things, walls, words)
These pens and pencils on the desk are my things.
Say what things are on your desk.
L. Ask questions.
1. Those books are on the desk.
2. These children are at the door.
M. Read and translate the model:
Are these juicy lemons? – These are not juicy. Those lemons are.
Work on the model with the following words:
young teachers, yellow bananas, brown clocks, large pictures, good
N. Ask and write questions.
Those are my classmates.
O. Work in pairs as in the model:
1. Are these black bags? – No, they aren’t. The bags are pink.
(small articles / large, small children / big, brown rulers / pink, pink bins / blue)
2. Are those dogs? – No, they aren’t. They are cats. The cats are
(women/men/big, boys/girls/small, schoolboys/schoolgirls/good)
3. What are these and what are those? – These are pens and those are
(articles/nouns, bins/boxes, dialogues/topics, books/pads, sofas/beds, cups/mugs)
By Nina Ing